09 November 2007

Victorian Libraries Learning 2.0

I've been working my way through this program for the past few weeks. I was already familiar with many of the different Web 2.0 offerings.

Flickr has its advantages but there is so much rubbish out there. Some users seem to take heaps of photos and them load them all to Flickr without assessing their quality. Poorly composed, overexposed, out of focus etcetera they still load them. There are some really good photos on this site, inspiring to the amateur photographer and it's these which I like to see. I am always interested in photos of Mauritius and there are some really good ones on Flickr.

I enjoy soime blogs and regularly follow up on some. My own library has had its own blog for a little while now thanks to Gitte our Online Services Librarian. The Age Green Guide has a section each week which recommends varius logs and I usually investigate.

Librarything is okay but I'd never keep it up. I'm the kind of person who starts such projects but quickly lose enthusiasm for it and move on to something else.

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

I hope you are enjoying exploring some Web 2.0 applications.

Lynette