03 October 2007

iPod

I've put in my order for a new iPod so I can store more podcasts and talking books. I have a nano but the storage capacity is limited so I want to upgrade to the new 160 GB. There is a delay but I'm not impatient. The store is getting frustrated because they have customers who are nagging them for a time-frame. Now a load of 340 has been stolen from a courier depot. Apple have very successfully marketed their new product and demand is exceeding supply.

I love using these devices for talking books, so much less cumbersome than CDs and once you have read/listened to the book you can delete it. Great for long walks and for when the train is packed and it's difficult to read a book and hang on to whatever to maintain your balance. The podcasts from the ABC & BBC are great. I hope they don't start charging for them.

No comments: